For centuries cakes have been used for special occasions ,but these days cakes are used for pleasure. The practice has become a norm and as a result most families always have a cake available. For events others use a cake as a center piece and a lot of times the cake design can help to influence the theme of the décor and food menu.
As I have already mentioned previously that cakes were used for celebrations, I have compiled a list of examples for the special occasions:
- Achievement/ milestones
- New year
- Tea parties
Because themes for various occasions differ cakes are made according to specification of an event or theme. The themes differ – some people make it seasonal and others make use of color schemes.
With the evolution happening around the world the industry has revealed more of art work when it comes to Cake design. The massive change has brought these trending styles
- Floral flavour : This is the cake from the Royal weddings of Prince Harry and Maghan Markle
- Geometric designs; This specific type of design is popular for birthday celebrations
- Hand painted cakes: This type of design is for a really special occasion like your baby”s first birthday, or bridal shower. The trick is on choosing the right mixture.
- Boho style: For this design you are liberty to choose from the full cake or the cupcakes. Others prefer mini cakes
- Dreamcatchers: Birthday celebrations are getting a special attention lately from the designers.
- Feathers cake: There’s high popularity on this cake and a lot of people use it for birthday celebrations
- Pallete cake: This is an awesome design for kids’ parties
- Cake pops: This type of a cake is formed from a lollypop. It is made by mixing cake crumbs mixed with icing or chocolate.